My weight today…

18st 8.5lbs (260.5lbs)
42.5lbs lighter than Aug ’08 (303lbs)

Apologies for the blog being so boring of late, I’ll hopefully get the chance to address that this week.

4 thoughts on “My weight today…

• 24th January 2010 at 11:23 am

I've just read your blog after coming across it via one of your posts on the Bike Radar forum. I am currently involved in trying to lose weight (only a stone to return to my best weight of 157lbs but I have been trying to do this for three years now) and your achivements are, quite frankly, staggering. Do NOT give up. Keep it going and do the whole thing!!! What I have read here has been fascinating, uplifting and inspirational. Thankyou for sharing it all.

• 24th January 2010 at 2:32 pm

What can I say mate but your timing is brilliant! Been dragging my heels of late and thinking about dumping the blog. I appreciate the encouragement… Do you have a blog yourself?

• 24th January 2010 at 6:55 pm

I don't have a blog but I maintain several websites including http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk and http://www.todharriers.co.uk

I took up cycling a few years ago after becoming permanently crocked as a runner (that's what tends to happen when you get past 50). I was depressed and fed up but the cycling has kept me going – you have chosen well to go with the bike.

I'm now trying for the 3rd time to get under 8 hours for the Fred Whitton Challenge (just missed by a few minutes for the past two years). I've worked out that carrying my extra 14lbs is equivalent to having 3 large bottles of coke strapped to my back and that really makes a huge difference when going up hills. How you cope with all your "extra" I find hard to understand. You must be pretty fit already to do what you do whilst carrying your self-imposed burden. Get that beast off your back and get flying!

When you shed a few more stone you should definitely be aiming to take part in a cycling sportive (there are easier ones than the Fred). They are a real buzz and all abilities (and bmi's) are welcomed and accepted.

I'm dead jealous of your new bike – with kit like that you *have* to succeed!

KEITH

• 31st January 2010 at 8:33 am

3 large bottles of coke, I've lost 2 of the knee height gas tanks you would use for a superser and have another two to go. Thanks for the encouragement keith I do appreciate it. Because of your encouragement I've put the ball in motion to join our local cycling club here in Northern Ireland… I've wanted to do that for some time but been too scared!